Friday, September 5, 2008

There's Something About Black Love

ABOUT A YEAR AGO I WROTE A POEM FOR MY NEW BOOK, "A ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS" ENTITLED, "T.I.S.A.T.B.L." WHICH STANDS FOR, There Is Something About This Black Love. THNX 2 CONCRETE LOOP I RAN ACROSS SOME AMAZING PHOTOS OF WILL SMITH AND JADA PINKETT-SMITH AT A RECENT EVENT IN LOS ANGELES, CA. IN A CULTURE THAT SEEMS AS IF IT CONTIUES TO SLIP FURTHER AND FURTHER AWAY FROM THE PROSPECT OF LOVE...ITS REFRESHING TO SEE THIS COUPLE EMBODY WHAT I BELIEVE IN MY HEART WE ALL STILL HOPE FOR. 

BELOW ARE A FEW PICS OF THE COUPLE AND THE POEM THAT I WROTE TO CELEBRATE THE FACT THAT THERE IS INDEED...SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL ABOUT BLACK LOVE. 

THS-BLACKLOVE

THS-BLACKLOVE1

T.I.S.A.T.B.L.

There is something about this black love…

About this black woman
About my black face
About her black skin…sunlight yellow to the midnight hour
About this black child
About our black love.

There is something about this black love…

About its cool flow
About the test of time
About her fine frame…runway thin to soul-food thick
About my life for her
About our black love.

There, indeed, is something about this black love…

About the pictures we paint
About the style we live
About that smile of hers…who needs the sun?
About her life for me

About the God who loves.

1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

ahhh black love...if only it looked like that more often than not I wouldn't be terrified of it LOL